Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Assist in the provision of patient care under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Prepare patients for physician encounter. Taking vital signs as indicated, recording chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
- Perform procedures such as ear lavage, tympanogram, audiogram, administration of medications, EKG, vision screening, dressing changes and finger stick blood glucose testing under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Perform Front Desk registration duties, scheduling of appointments and other clerical duties as required.
- Support duties such as stocking and cleaning exam rooms, cleaning, wrapping and autoclaving instruments, filing records and helping to maintain medication cupboards.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from a medical assistant program.
- National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant.
- A working knowledge of the principles of medical assisting and the ability to respond to the behavior and needs of patients.
- Knowledge of commonly used medications and their effects.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment.
- Organization and self-motivation.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years clinical experience.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 148341