Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Resource Pool at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK!
The Registered Nurse will be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned patients and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation).
This is a full-time (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) position with $5,000 Sign-on Bonus, relocation, and benefits effective on start date!
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment, and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned.
- Access, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and activities collaboratively with other members of the health care team; families and/or significant others will be included within the plan of care as appropriate.
- Direct, delegate, and manage the care delivered by colleagues and subordinates.
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) and required resuscitation on units assigned
- Variable schedule to meet department needs
- Expected to possess/obtain the required certifications for all units in which care is provided
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year registered nurse experience in an acute care hospital
- Strong Medical/Surgical Nursing or Critical Care background
- Bachelor's of Science Nursing (BSN)
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC
About the Resource Pool
The Resource Pool RN at PAMC provides care to patients throughout the medical center. Assignments are based on the skill level of the RN which may include the following departments: Medical-Surgical, Telemetry, Post Partum, Pediatric, Orthopedic, Ambulatory Surgery, PACU, Renal Care, and Emergency Departments. RN's with current critical care experience work in Adult Critical Care, including Cardiovascular ICU, PCU, PACU, ED, and also have the opportunity to orient to the Rapid Response Team.
All Float Pool RN staff receive training and orientation prior to starting any unit, creating excellent opportunities to to gain new nursing skills and grow professionally within a collaborative and cohesive team!
Please contact Alison Kindem for information: Alison.Kindem@providence.org.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 137294