Providence is searching for a Cardiac Nurse Navigator for our Heart Failure Program at Providence Portland Medical Center. This position is housed out of Providence St. Vincent; however, the Nurse Navigator will spend a majority of their time working closely with the physicians and nursing staff to reduce re-admissions and advance best practice at Providence Portland Medical Center. The position is a Monday - Friday role with flexibility in work schedule.
In this position, you will:
- Serve as a consistent resource to support optimal care delivery for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) patients and other projects as assigned.
- Focus on the coordination of care during pre-procedure, hospitalization, discharge planning and facilitating post-hospitalization follow-up.
- Be knowledgeable of multiple treatment decisions, cardiac evidence-based standards, best practice guidelines and maintain care collaboratively across the continuum.
- Identify and facilitate optimum cardiac care delivery with clinical expertise, strong interpersonal abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Provide effective oral or written feedback to providers to identify care gaps.
- Collaborate with clinical workgroup to support and sustain care delivery improvements designed to correct the deficiencies.
- Promote information, education and resources to assure the plan of care is appropriate and completed in a timely manner.
Required q ualifications for this position include:
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of Oregon
- 3-5 years of cardiovascular experience
- Current Oregon driver's license
Preferred q* *ualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Experience with cardiac surgery inpatient care
- Extensive heart failure experience strongly preferred
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 153330