Providence is calling a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist II to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
This is a 0.875 FTE, night shift position that will be working a 7 on / 7 off schedule . This is a temporary position with benefits. The approximate duration of this position is up to twelve (12) months
We are seeking a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist II to be responsible for phlebotomy and processing of appropriate samples for testing, to include: computer inquiry and entry to maintain patient demographics; processing and preparing samples; and processing, preparing and packaging samples for delivery to reference labs.
In this position you will:
- Perform venipuncture and capillary procedures on pediatric and adult inpatient and outpatient populations.
- Perform blood draws on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, are completed within appropriate time frames, using appropriate safety devices or tools for the situation.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding difficulties in drawing blood; draw lists are reviewed on time; STATS and timed samples are collected and processed according to policy.
- Perform special procedures that may include: glucose tolerance, blood cultures. In some locations, EKG, legal drug screens urine collections, breath alcohol, and paternity testing; operate multi-computer system to include the laboratory information system (LIS).
- Complete manually or by computer system, orders for esoteric testing referred outside the laboratory, which may include test research, documentation, special transportation measures, sample preparation, packing, etc.
- Use hospital and laboratory information system programs, to include (in the pre-analytic phase) sample labeling, log-in, test cancellation, test modification, test add-on, etc, and in the post-Analytic phase, final sample disposition into the sample inventory system/storage; enter accurate and complete information at registration and order entry.
- Process all specimen types including blood, urine, cultures and body fluids; process specimens to include: labeling, centrifugation, aliquoting, preserving and dispatching for testing.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy course (including completion of a 4 week internship in Phlebotomy in a clinical laboratory setting), or completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Course, or 6 months of related laboratory work experience and eligible for DOH Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy license.
- Keyboarding skills - 30 WPM; keypunch skills
- CPR certification; CPR training completed by 1st month of employment.
- Active DOH Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant-Certified license (which includes the 7 hours of Blood Borne Pathogens training)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 149283