Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Evening shift\) to work in Main Surgery Recovery / PACU I at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The PACU \(Post Anesthesia Care Unit\) Registered Nurse \(RN\) assumes leadership, responsibility and accountability for designated patients in the post operative, phase I recovery unit\.
In this position you will:
- Monitor patient vital signs, adapting readily to changing situations for patients directly out of surgery \(phase 1 PACU\)
- Provide for patient safety throughout the PACU experience\.
- Evaluate patients post\-op including cardiac and hemo\-dynamic monitoring
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSNExceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- Current ACLS Certification
- PALS certification, required within 60 days of hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 150923