This position is responsible for providing clinical leadership and expertise in the delivery of patient care for patients with diagnosis of cardiovascular disease. Responsibilities include clinical coordination of cardiac population including oversight of chest pain evaluation unit, cardiac stress testing and implementation of treatment protocols. This position will also assist with the educational development of the staff related to cardiac care, and ongoing evaluations and improvement of the patient care functions based on registry data and quality improvement data. The position will assist in maintaining hospital compliance with regulatory standards, benchmarking programs and performance improvement initiatives. This position will also assist with the case management of cardiac rhythm device and heart failure patients to maintain strict adherence to quality and cost controls.
Requires strong working knowledge of performance improvement tools and methodologies, and effective analytical, organizational, and communication skills with ability to direct projects and assist with team building.
* Minimum of five years of critical care or cardiovascular nursing experience
* Minimum of two years’ experience in similar nurse practitioner / coordinator role
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program
* Licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of California
* Current BLS / ACLS Certification
* Current furnishing number or eligible from the California BRN
* Current DEA registration or eligible
* CCRN-American Association of Critical Care Nurse preferred
* National certification in a nurse practitioner specialty preferred
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.