You are in demand everywhere...but it pays to come here!
If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to advance care, you'll find your match at Jersey City Medical Center . Our not-for-profit hospital, a proud member of Barnabas Health , has been honored time and again—for our strides in patient care and safety, and as the regional leader in specialties like cardiology, stroke, and trauma care.
As our status and patient volume continue to grow, we are adding talent to our organization
The EMS instructor is responsible to deliver clinical instruction required by NJAC 8:40A & 8:41A and CoAEMSP policies to meet the overall regulatory training requirements for EMT & paramedic students.
- Must possess and maintain current NJSDOH EMT Instructor or MICP/MICN certification.
- Must possess and maintain current AHA BLS and ACLS and PALS certification for ALS instructors
- Must possess PHTLS or ITLS certification within 12 months of employment
- Must have prior training in Hazmat, ICS, START Triage Training, CEVO
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Special Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. Driver's license record check and criminal background check. Minimum of five (5) years' experience in EMS (with at least 2 years at the advanced life support level for ALS instructors)
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.