The RN, Clinical Coordinator in the Heart Institute is a professional nurse who possesses a high degree of knowledge in cardiovascular nursing, and minimally invasive structural heart therapies including but not limited to: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Closure, Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair (PMVR), and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) closures. The NP will collaborate with the interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiac anesthesiologists that are part of the Structural Heart Team. The RN is a leader in coordinating resources to facilitate the achievement of optimum health and wellness for each patient. Continuity is maintained across the continuum of care in all settings. The advanced knowledge and skills required for this role include clinical expertise in the specialty focus area, evidence-based practice, mentoring, consultation, collaboration, education, and transformational/change leadership; essential to providing excellent patient management.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as an RN or NP in an adult acute care cardiology setting
• Clinical Coordinator experience preferred
• Experience in quality improvement theory, change theory, adult learning principles, and team building
• Previous experience in the development of evidence based clinical protocols
• Knowledgeable of current research and strength in translating research into everyday practice
• Previous experience in program development
• Knowledge of quality measures and previous participation in quality improvement projects
• Valid California License as a Registered Nurse
• Board certification in area of specialty by American Nursing Credentialing Center preferred
• A current certification from the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support (BLS)
• A current certification from the American Heart Association in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Internal Number: ORA001776
About MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.