The Mental Health Worker, Inpatient BH, provides care to patients and maintains a safe environment under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Group and individual patient supervision, facilitation of educational group activities, assisting with ADL's (i.e., Feeding, bathing, toileting, ambulating, etc.) & taking and recording vital signs. All methods of practice shall conform to written hospital policies and procedures and be carried out to the highest level of competence in a manner demonstrating concern and consideration. The Mental Health Worker/Inpatient BH will demonstrate the Barnabas Health philosophy of Total Quality Management by actively applying that philosophy in all dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Health Related Field
- BLS Certification, EKG & Phlebotomy validation by the end of Orientation (will be trained)
- Minimum one year experience, training or education in the field of treatment preferred
- Must possess excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician, EMT, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Tech or equivalent; or in a patient care setting is helpful
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.