Under limited direction, works with the client to develop their requests into requirements.
ï¿½ In collaboration with I.T. management, develops solutions which meet the user requirements and supports the creation of a SOW.
ï¿½ Leads the development of solutions and, where required, builds all or part of the solution.
ï¿½ Leads the interaction with the client as it relates to specific solutions during the testing process.
ï¿½ Coordinates the change control process and implements approved solutions per policies and procedures.
ï¿½ Provides post implementation support for the solution and resolves any production issues.
ï¿½ Periodically is on-call for production issues for the applications supported.
ï¿½ For the applications supported, resolves application production issues and participates with other I.T. departments to resolve these issues when necessary.
ï¿½ Per policy and procedures, documents changes that were made.
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Five years of experience in application development, including experience working with vendor packages and their utilities.
3. Experience supporting any of the following: Siemens Invision, Sunquest lab, Lawson, Cloverleaf, or cardiology systems preferred.
1. High level of analytical skills to understand client requests and develop solution options.
2. Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships with hospital personnel and external vendors.
3. Strong verbal and written communications skills to communicate effectively with all levels of DMC personnel and external vendors, and to effectively articulate requirements.
4. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
5. Advanced technical skills in areas of responsibility.
Job: Information Systems
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905038134
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.