This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager collaborates with other professional disciplines/unit leaders to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. S/he is responsible for facilitation of appropriate length of stay and continuum of care outcomes, through the case management of all systems and services required for an organized, multidisciplinary team approach to care. The RN Case Manager coordinates patient’s care from hospitalization, discharge in collaboration with the healthcare team, to best meet the patients’ physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The RN Case Manager uses a problem-solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation, reassessment, and plan revision, and documentation in the patient record to achieve optimum patient outcomes on both an individual and population basis. The success of the department is inherent in the individual’s ability to demonstrate positive, professional communication for quality outcomes and financial targets.
* Three (3) to five (5) years Acute Care experience in clinical areas and specifically in area of specialization with knowledge of utilization review, discharge planning activities, government and managed care regulations, quality improvement principles and risk management preferred
* Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred.
* Current California RN License required
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher preferred
* Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card
* Case Management Certification preferred
* Specialty Certification preferred (Required for RN-Certified, Case Manager
Internal Number: ORA001976
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.