Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* PRN, shifts vary
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Performs complex assessments of patients' health status through physical exam reviews, patient histories, diagnostic tests and procedures, and reviews lab results and other critical data; collaborates with interdisciplinary teams. Initiates orders for medications, laboratory, and other diagnostic testing and medical treatments on appropriate forms. Facilitates optimal length of stay and appropriate utilization of Hospital resources; facilitates efficient and comprehensive discharge planning. Promotes inpatient throughput.
* Navigates a diagnosed patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment and follow-up phases, assuring patient has appropriate/timely medical/supportive services. Diagnoses acute and chronic conditions affecting all organs systems. Effectively communicates treatment plans and/or procedures to patients/families through teaching and counseling, as needed.
* Prescribes interventions and performs therapeutic measures to ensure the appropriate individualized plan of care is implemented. Applies knowledge of age-specific needs i.e.: pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients related to plan of care interventions and patients' responses to care. Identifies patients' knowledge deficits and contributes to education.
* Coordinates treatment plans with other caregivers. Facilitates discharge of patients in clinical area of specialization.
* Writes and/or dictates progress notes, procedure notes, histories, physical examinations, and transfers/discharge summaries in accordance with medical policies.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Master of Science degree in Nursing
Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program
One to five years of experience in respective discipline
Five years experience in/as Cardiology nursing/nurse practitioner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
ACLS, CPR, and/or NRP, or BLS, as required by area of practice
Current, valid State of Florida Board of Nursing Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license
Prescriptive authority for the State of Florida
National Nurse Practitioner certification by either:
Until fully credentialed, as appropriate by discipline, APRN can only work as rounding nurse
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) provides comprehensive primary care services, acute care services, and extended care services in the area of nursing and medicine for individuals and their families as outlined in the Collaborative Practice Agreement. The APRN has prescriptive authority in the State of Florida under a practice agreement with a supervising physician, which includes ordering, conducting, and interpreting appropriate diagnostic testing. Responsible for identifying patients' alterations in health, assessing response to treatment, communicating appropriate data, implementing nursing intervention, and preparing for potential complications. The APRN supports the clinical operation of the department with primary focus on clinical services. The practitioner will be responsible for coordinating delivery of patient care in collaboration with the physician; adheres to AdventHealth's Corporate Compliance Plan and all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.