Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, 3/12's; 7a-7p
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Applicable experience required.
Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
Full Time employment contract required.
Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
* Lead Nurse Educator: Supervises and oversees daily operation of education activities for all campus Nurse Educators and their assigned responsibilities. Leads education deployment, coordination, compliance, and other assigned initiatives identified by campus leadership.
* Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units'/departments', campuses' and system's initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
* Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements, and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
* Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
* Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
* Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
* Continuing Education/Continued Competency: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to systematic professional learning experiences, based on needs assessments, designed to augment the knowledge, skills and attitudes of assigned staff including continuing education, in-service education, continued competence based on unit/department needs, organization initiatives/goals and policy revisions. Monitors and reports compliance with required education.
* Academic Partnership: Facilitates a supportive environment for academic partnership by ensuring appropriate student placement and a positive student experience within the unit/department.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
* Effective oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
* Self-direction, creativity, initiative to develop educational programs
* Leadership ability and working knowledge of leadership principles and management skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
* Microsoft Visio
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor of Science (BSN) or Master of Science (MSN) degree
* Three to five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
* Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Prior Experience as a nurse educator
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
* Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
* Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty, within first year (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
* Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
* Certification in clinical or educator specialty
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.