Location Address:13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Dade City
Only hospital in East and Central Pasco to earn Accreditation in Atrial Fibrillation in 2018 by the American College of Cardiology
Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2019 by Healthgrades
Earned Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus TS Quality Achievement Award 2018 by American Heart/Stroke Association
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides for activities of daily living and personal hygiene. Assists with treatments as instructed by the RN.
2. Provides for patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials, answering patient call lights and requests, transporting patients, and reporting observations to the RN.
3. Obtains Vital Signs, weights, I &O, and blood sugars.
4. Documents actions by completing records as required.
5. Participates in purposeful Hourly Rounding.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Basic computer knowledge
• Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Completion of High School/GED
• Completion of an approved CNA program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current American Heart Association BLS certification
• Current Florida State Nursing Assistant certification
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is accountable for performing routine care under the direction of the RN. S/he provides for the comfort of the patient and communicates according to protocol.
The CNA is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, and patient promise of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.