Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Assists with patient care in an intensive environment.
1. Nursing care is performed according to procedure and HDMHCD policy.
2. Administers IV via IM, SC, ID, medications/fluids in a safe, therapeutic manner.
3. Performs therapeutic measures as prescribed by a physician.
4. Performs and documents initial and ongoing health assessment screening of patient including social and physica aspects, maintaining appropriate records of observations, nursing care administered and patient response.Documents ongoing health assessment screening of patients, patientâ��s condition, treatments and responses.
5. Communicates and consults with physicians and other health care professionals in an effective manner.
6. Participates in staff development programs and department meetings.
7. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing LVNâ��s, CNAâ��s and students. Plans, supervises, evaluates and instructs Patient Care Technicians.
8. Maintains appropriate records of observations, nursing care administered and patient response.
9. Develops an appropriate plan of care for each patient including assessment planning, intervention and continuous evaluation. Ensures an adequate system of internal controls.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias interpretation and interventions according to physician orders
and ACLS protocols. All arrhythmias are assessed promptly and intervention carried out when appropriate.
11. Proficient in assisting with procedures and maintaining invasive lines and critical care equipment, i.e.,
pulmonary artery and arterial lines, pacemakers, etc. and serves as a resource for staff in clinical matters. Provides clinical guidance to nursing staff when needed. Assists with invasive procedures and maintainsinvasive lines and equipment, interprets information gathered and intervenes appropriately.
12. Has mastered competency checklist/exam for specific clinical areas. Demonstrated competency annually specific clinical area.
13. Has mastered competency checklist/exam for specific clinical areas. Demonstrated competency annually in specific clinical area.
Current CA RN license
Current BLS Certification
1 year Acute Care experience preferred
Dysrhythmia interpretation course or demonstrated competency in interpretation of dysrhythmias
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.