Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides safe, clean, tested and inspected items by performing the following decontamination functions: Accurately operates instrument washers; Disassembles, cleans with appropriate solutions and methods. Maintains all records relating to the monitoring and testing of the decontamination / disinfection process.
· Applies knowledge and ability for appropriate care and handling of instruments and scopes by inspecting for cleanliness, damage and proper function. Ensures leak testing is done on all scopes. Maintains records on scope and instrumentation maintenance.
· Maintains current knowledge of endoscopic procedures and techniques currently utilized by physicians providing care in Florida Hospital Endoscopic Department.
· Utilizes knowledge of video system equipment. Troubleshoots problems with the system as needed.
· Participates in the preparation of the patient for procedures as directed by the RN. Participates in the care of all age groups from the Neonate to Geriatric. Cooperates as part of the multidisciplinary team by communicating pertinent patient information to the RN and completing assignments. May remove medications from the pneumatic tube system to immediately deliver to the RN or to secure in the medication room.
· Under direct supervision of the Physician, instills medications via endoscope.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Promotes a safe environment. Demonstrates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and Florida Hospital policy and procedures.
· The Apopka Endotech in cost center 0220 will also perform EKG procedures as assigned, and provide patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture under the supervision of the professional nurse.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, and speaking English effectively.
· Knowledgeable about professional and practice issues related to the field of Gastroenterology.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Cost Center 0220: Nursing Assistant training or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· High school graduate or GED
· Graduate of school of surgical technology, or LPN program, or military program
· Experience working with patients in an acute care setting.
· Experience with decontamination and disinfection of equipment and instrumentation.
· Completion of SGNA Associates program for non-surgical tech / LPN employees
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Cost center 0220, CNA Certification is required.
· SGNA Advanced Associates Certification
· BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· High school graduate or GED
· Central Processing Certification by IAHCSMM – International Association for Healthcare Central Service and Materials Management, or CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing Department
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
Under supervision, an Endoscopy technician assists with the patient care in the Endoscopy procedure room by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Is responsible for the maintenance, care, disinfection of all scopes and equipment. Provides care to age specific patients as defined by unit standards of care. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, State and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. The Apopka Endotech in cost center 0220 performs EKG procedures as assigned, and provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture under the supervision of the professional nurse. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.