Student Nurse Associates Cardiology Med Surg Afternoons Contingent
DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205012285
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
The Student Nurse Associate (SNA) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The SNA is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and SNA skills and abilities. The SNA will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse. It is recognized that specific patient care tasks may vary widely in type and frequency from unit to unit or across service lines, based on the nature of the patient population being served. Therefore, individual units, or service lines, may appropriately add to or delete from the duties defined in the Student Nurse Associate job description when approved by nursing administration.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC, and adheres to the DMC Customer Service Standards.
2.Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse which may include, but are not limited to, performing designated respiratory procedures; maintenance locomotion; maintenance functional activities; dressing changes; performing ECG's; maintain enteral tubes; suctioning; blood glucose monitoring; assisting with post mortem care; etc. May perform phlebotomy, initiation of peripheral IV lines and urinary catheterization.
3. Assists the registered nurse by observing and reporting on patient conditions, recording/charting patient information and interacting with patient and family members. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.
4. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.
5. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort, privacy and confidentiality; expresses interest in patient progress. Provides information, answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality.
6. Performs various support service duties as required to meet unit and patient care needs.
7. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies. 8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in an accredited school of nursing.
3. Completion of two clinical rotations with at least one in an adult or pediatric medical/surgical nursing environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.