**Up to $25,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision, instructs, counsels, monitors and evaluates nursing personnel during orientation to hospital or unit; assists in planning, presenting, evaluating, and revising staff development activities; performs duties of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse when needed.
1. Instructs, counsels, and monitors the work of nursing orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orienteeâ��s needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.
3. Performs on-going assessment and regular formal evaluations of nursing staff during orientation period; documents all observations and submits recommendations to supervisor (e.g., duration of individual orientation).
4. Assists Nurse Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating, and revising the staff development activities and nursing policies and procedures.
5. Serves as a role model and resource person for all nursing staff.
6. Performs duties and responsibilities of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse as needed or directed.
7. Adheres to the mission, vision, values, and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism, and responsiveness.
8. Adheres to hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives and performs other duties as assigned.
1. BSN or enrollment/documented intent to complete within two years.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
3. Two years staff nurse experience in area of clinical specialty.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS
1. Provides training and guidance to assigned personnel.
2. Provides functional guidance and training to less skilled personnel.
3. May act as charge nurse or team leader.
4. May supervise nursing students.
1. Interpersonal, educational, and clinical skills necessary to effectively teach nursing personnel.
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills to clearly express ideas and techniques.
3. Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities to effectively evaluate and make recommendations concerning the progress of orientees.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.