General Summary: The Echo Tech uses high frequency sound waves (ultrasound), and other noninvasive echocardiography testing equipment, to produce images of the heart. These procedures require specialized knowledge and skills in support of the provision of diagnostic and/or therapeutic services to a specified patient population.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Use of non-invasive procedures to examine heart valves, chambers and blood vessels to produce images known as echocardiograms (ECGs)
2. Perform imaging and non-imaging cardiovascular evaluations which may include exercise tolerance tests, Holter monitoring, event recorders,
electrocardiograms, stress tests, and transesophageal echocardiography
3. Obtains patient history, explains procedures to patient, addresses patientsâ�� concerns, and follows established pre-screening policy and procedure.
4. Determines appropriate methodology and techniques to use; arranges immobilization and/or support devices for proper patient positioning; selects
appropriate imaging device.
5. Prepares patient for echocardiography procedures, positions patient as appropriate for prescribed procedure, and assists patients at completion of
6. Uses good judgment when determining if the procedure was sufficient for proper diagnoses, or if additional imaging procedures are needed.
7. Provides images, data analysis, and patient information to the physician for diagnostic interpretation.
8. Prepares facilities in accordance with procedural requirements; calibrates equipment as required by the institution.
9. Monitors the patientâ��s physical condition during the course of the procedure; report patient change of status or emergency situations to clinical
staff, supervisor and/or cardiologist.
10. Recognize abnormal rhythms and immediately notify Physician or appropriate clinical staff.
11. Maintain accurate patient documentation, including computerized documentation.
12. Performs general office duties: maintains stock supplies, assists administrators in determining quantities for purchase, records procedure codes
for billing purposes, and scheduling patients.
13. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental
14. Troubleshoot equipment and document errors or equipment malfunctions; escalate issues and concerns to engineer, supervisor, and/or cardiologist.
15. Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and permitted by the policies and procedures
of Supplemental Health Care, and other local, state, and federal guidelines; and the policies of the facility requesting the servic
Education: HS Diploma/GED and completion of an Associate's degree in Cardiovascular Technology or graduate of an accredited school of Ultrasonography.
Certification: Registered with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) â�� Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS). Licensing: Current state certification, licensure or license eligible in states where applicable. Current CPR certification.
Experience: Highly prefer at least one year of echo clinic experience.
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We believe that good health is the cornerstone of progress. We are firm in our resolve to make exemplary health care accessible and affordable to all, dedicated to lowering the high rate of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in minority populations and committed to advocacy and diversity. We are guided by ethical principles in all transactions and strive for excellence in our training and skills.