Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Make your move to Alaska! Experience the midnight sun in the summer, a front-row seat to the northern lights in the winter, and the opportunity to advance your career as you broaden your scope of practice.
Foundation Health Partners (FHP) is seeking a BE/BC Vascular Surgeon with peripheral vascular experience to join our highly experienced team at Porter Heart & Vascular Center, the only full-time cardiology clinic serving Interior Alaska and the Far North.
The person in this position will work in our high-volume, state-of-the-art Porter Heart & Vascular Center (PHVC). This role offers the opportunity to re-establish our vascular surgery practice. This position will operate independently but will be well supported by their own staff, shared administrative team, as well as our Cardiology and General Surgery providers. PHVC is part of a the state's largest, most extensive multidisciplinary health system, which acts as a robust referral base. Our facility houses a cath lab and a hybrid OR with specialty vascular equipment to include EKOS, Angiojet, and Pheonix.
- Compensation: Competitive Salary with production pay. $65,000 sign-on
- Schedule: M-F (2 procedure days, 2 clinic days, 1 admin day), 4 call days per/mo.
- Patient Panel: 14 patients per clinic day. Top procedures: angiogram, fistulagram, tunneled line placement, endovascular coiling, fem pop-bypass, endarterectomy, fistula creation/revisions.
- Team: Robust and collaborative cardiovascular team consisting of 3 interventional cardiologists and 4 advanced practice providers. Ultrasound techs and cath lab techs with vascular experience. Will hire a CNA, RN, and PA as your first assist.
FHP is proud to offer its providers:
- Professional autonomy and clinical work freedom.
- Strong commitment to work-life balance. Not just words, our leadership values your time.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary with scalable income opportunities.
- $5,000 paid CME, licensure/credential reimbursement, and covered malpractice insurance.
- Consult, collaborate, and access Mayo Clinic resources through FHP's partnership with Mayo Clinic Care Network
- Licensure and malpractice insurance.
Submit your CV for consideration to Mikki Bateman, Provider Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-458-2729. Visit our website at Physicians of Foundation Health Partners - Foundationhealthpartners
Living in Fairbanks:
As the second largest city in Alaska, Fairbanks offers a unique blend of large town amenities, breathtaking landscapes, and plenty of wide-open space, making this community one of the most special in the country. With a rich history and plentiful diversity, Fairbanks is proud to be called the Golden Heart City, and only once you visit will you understand the name to be true.
- No state income tax and no sales tax.
- Second largest city in Alaska at 100,000 residents.
- College Town - University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF Community & Technical College
- Military Community - Ft. Wainwright Army Post & Eielson Air Force Base.
- 23 Elementary Schools | 4 Middle Schools | 5 High Schools | robust youth sports programs
Summer activities: Midnight sun, hiking, fishing, camping, gold panning, kayaking, berry picking, community-wide festivals, and events.
Winter activities: Northern lights, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling, ice fishing, dog mushing, hunting, ice art, etc.
Foundation Health Partners:
Foundation Health Partners is a community-owned and operated health system in Fairbanks, Alaska, comprised of 3 facilities, including Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Tanana Valley Clinic, and Denali Center, a long-term care facility. As the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are highly committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors.