Location: Nashville, Tennessee
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for administering patient care within the scope of his/her training and expertise under the supervision of a Physician. This is done in conjunction with the objectives and policies of the Tullahoma HMA Physician Management, LLC and the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants, Inc.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of communication system- telephones, faxes, and patient communication pager system.
* Follows through on problems that may compromise patient care by using the appropriate chain of command.
* Effectively communicates with physicians' offices to schedule follow-up appointments and additional testing as requested.
* Demonstrates willingness to assist other staff in completion of their duties as time permits.
* Assisting as needed in safely transferring patients to and from cars, stretchers, wheelchairs, etc., and transporting patients via wheelchair or stretcher.
* Accurately identifies and collects patient information and is able to distinguish between normal and abnormal findings and reports these findings to the CN/MD.
* Prioritizes and directs patient care needs.
* Performs patient care duties including but not limited to obtaining and documenting vital signs, performing phlebotomy, and 12 lead EKG's.
* Assist in the department inventory process.
* Communicating clearly and concisely, writing in a neat and legible handwriting.
* Actively participates in providing a safe environment of care for patients, visitors, and staff. Knowing the location of the Safety manual, Infection Control manual, and the MSDS.
* Assist in maintaining rooms, corridors, and nursing station in a neat, orderly manner with clear walking areas.
* Knowledge of scheduling surgery, procedures, treatments, and appointments for patients within the department. Completes precerts and consent forms
* Manage the Provider Callback Administrator (PCA) program to achieve minimum of 85%
Sign-On Bonus Requirements:
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
LIC-Certified Medical Assistant - Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants
Relevant Work Experience
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.